UK Citizenship and Passport
Registration as a British Citizen Application
In the majority of cases, non-British children can apply to be registered as a British citizen based on their parent’s status. For example,
- A child is born outside the UK to a parent who was a British citizen at the time.
- If a child of non-British Parents is born in the UK, they must wait until one of the parents obtains Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Naturalisation as a British Citizen Application
There are different ways to become a British citizen. The most common is called Naturalisation. If you are at least 18 years old, have settled in the UK and lived here legally for five years, or three years if you are married to a British citizen, you may be eligible to apply for British Citizenship by Naturalisation.
The basic criteria include:
- You must be aged 18 or over.
- You must be able to speak English.
- You must be of good character.
- You must have sufficient knowledge about life in the UK.
- You must meet the residency requirement and intend to continue to live in the UK.
- You must pass the Life in the UK
At CSS & Co Legal Services, we firmly understand how important it is for our clients and their families to finally settle and make the UK their permanent home. If you are thinking of applying for British Citizenship by Naturalisation, our qualified team will provide the best immigration advice and representation to assist you to become a British citizen.
In order to be eligible to apply for a British passport, you must have British nationality. Your eligibility and entitlement to a British passport will be decided when you apply.
For those of you who want to apply for a passport, our team of immigration lawyers and advisors are available to discuss your options, provide advice and prepare submissions on your behalf in relation to your Passport Application.
"UK Citizenship and Passport" page has been read 1846 times.